The following is a list of events happening in Santa Clara and throughout the Silicon Valley. Want to share an event to be featured? Please email the details to email@example.com for consideration.
Thursday, December 26
- Thursday Night Blues Jam: Little Lou’s BBQ — 2455 Winchester Blvd., Campbell. 7:30 – 10:30 p.m.
Friday, December 27
- Tournament of Roses Parade: Northside Branch Library, Santa Clara. 3 – 5 p.m. Build your own family float and then march in our first ever parade. This program is for children in kindergarten and up and their grown-ups. Register on Eventbrite: https://northsidetournamentofroses.eventbrite.com/
Saturday, December 28
- Pete the Cat Mew Year’s Bash: Central Park Library, Santa Clara. 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. All ages welcome. Register on Eventbrite: https://petethecatparty.eventbrite.com
Sunday, December 29
- 49ers Watch Party: Bourbon Pub – 4900 Marie P DeBartolo Way, Santa Clara. 1 – 7:30 p.m. Admission: $39 – $69.
Monday, December 30
- Game Night and Virtual Reality: Sunnyvale Public Library. 6 – 8 p.m. Bring your friends and family and enjoy a variety of different board and card games.
Tuesday, December 31 – Happy New Year’s Eve!
- Noon Year’s Eve Across the Time Zones: Children’s Discovery Museum — 180 Woz Way, San Jose. 10 – 4 p.m. Admission: $0 – $15 – Included in the price of admission.
- 5th Annual Noon Year’s Eve: Northside Branch Library, Santa Clara. 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. For all ages. Dress Code is semi-formal for kids and parents. No jeans will be allowed. Register on Eventbrite: https://nsnoonyearseve2019.eventbrite.com/
Wednesday, January 1 – Happy New Year!
- New Years Day Resolution Run: Shoreline Park, Mountain View. 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. All proceeds from the race help fund the many charitable programs of Kiwanis Club of West San Jose. Registration: $40 at https://wsjk.org/
- December 7 – January 4 – TheatreWorks Silicon Valley presents a new musical, Pride and Prejudice: Lucie Stern Theatre — 1305 Middlefield Rd., Palo Alto. Dec. 7 – Jan. 4. Tickets: $30 – $100 at theatreworks.org or 650- 463-1960.
- November 22 – January 20 – Winter Ice Rink: Downtown Sunnyvale. www.citylinesunnyvale.com/icerink/
- November 16 – January 26 – Judy Shintani Art Exhibit: Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara. Through January 26 every day except Mondays and holidays.
- November 1 – January 24 – Ken Gonzales-Day: Edward M. Dowd Art and Art History Building, Santa Clara University. The exhibit runs Nov. 1 – Jan. 24 with interruptions.
- October 4 – June 13 – Making an Impression – Printmaking Possibilities: Santa Clara University’s de Saisset Museum. Oct. 4 – June 13 with interruptions.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 11:30 a.m. – Mission Bistro Open for Lunch: Freeberg Hospitality Management Building, Mission College. A student-run Mission Bistro. Open every Tuesday and Thursday during the semester for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 7 – 8 p.m. – Racist Anonymous: St. Mark’s Episcopal Church — 1957 Pruneridge Ave., Santa Clara. RA holds weekly meetings to better understand how to confront discrimination on anything based upon outward appearance including race, gender, LGBTQ and disability among others. RA is a 12-Step program patterned after AA.
- Saturday, January 4 – Voice of Hope presents Beatitude Mass: St. Francis Episcopal Church — 1205 Pine Ave., San Jose. 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Free event. https://henrymollicone.com/beatitude-mass/voicesofhope/
- Sunday, January 5 – Happy New Year!: McAfee Performing Arts Center at Saratoga High — 20300 Herriman Ave., Saratoga. 2:30 p.m. https://sjco.org/concerts-and-events/
- January 9 – June 13 – Stephanie Metz – InTouch: The de Saisset Museum, Santa Clara University. Opening Reception Thursday, January 9. Showing Jan. 10 – June 13.
- Saturday, January 11 – Northside Police Substation Open House: 3992 Rivermark Parkway, Santa Clara. 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. The Open House will include a tour of the Substation and displays of police equipment, including a patrol car, bicycle, motorcycle and armored rescue vehicle. For more information, call 408-615-4744.
- January 16 – 17 – Charisma 2020: Fess Parker Studio, Santa Clara University. Jan. 16 – 17. Members of the Charisma group reflect on their lives in an intense exploration of spirituality and the arts that combines art, music, dance and the spoken word. Tickets: $9 at scupresents.org
- January 16 – February 9 – Pear Theatre presents Taking Steps: Pear Theatre — 1110 La Avenida St., Mountain View. Jan. 16 – Feb. 9. Tickets: $35 at www.thepear.org or (650) 254-1148.
- Saturday, January 18 – Annual Sunnyvale Rotary Crab Feed Fundraiser: 1133 W. Washington Avenue in Sunnyvale. 5 – 7:30 p.m. Menu includes crab, pasta, salad, and bread. Available for purchase are beer, wine, water, and soda, plus a bake sale. Donation per ticket is $65 for adults 13 and over, $30 for children 8-12, free for children 7 and under. $30 is tax deductible. Contact Michelle Lewis for information at 408-921-1200. Make checks payable to Sunnyvale Rotary Foundation.
Looking for more events? Check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pg/thesvvoice/events/