The following is a list of events happening in Santa Clara and throughout the Silicon Valley. Want to share an event to be featured? Please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Thursday, August 22
- Tip-A-Cop: Faultline Brewing Company — 1235 Oakmead Pkwy., Sunnyvale. 11:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. This event raises money to help provide local Special Olympics athletes with FREE year-round training and competition in 12 sports. Tax deductible donations support Special Olympics Northern California.
- Community Meeting on the Adoption of the 2019 California Construction Codes: Santa Clara City Hall Council Chambers. 1 – 2 p.m. See the flyer.
- Preserve the Summer Harvest: The Forge Garden — 1051 Sherman St, Santa Clara. 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. This workshop is free and open to all. RSVP here.
- Public Engagement Meeting for a Village Center Precise Plan for the Fremont Corners Shopping Center: Sunnyvale Community Center Ballroom — 550 E. Remington Dr., Sunnyvale. 6 – 8 p.m. This will be the first Visioning Community Meeting. For more information contact Cindy Hom, Project Planner, at email@example.com or 408-730-7411.
- Santa Clara Unified School District Board Meeting: Santa Clara Unified School District Board Room. 7 p.m.
- The Pear Theatre Presents An Ideal Husband: Pear Theatre — 1110 La Avenida St., Mountain View. Aug. 22 – Sept 15. Tickets: $15 – $35 www.thepear.org or call (650) 254-1148.
- Theatreworks Silicon Valley Presents The 39 Steps: Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts — 500 Castro St., Mountain View. Aug. 21 – Sept. 15. Tickets: $30 – $100 theatreworks.org or call (650) 463-1960
Friday, August 23
- Guggenheim Entertainment Presents Bette Davis Ain’t For Sissies: 3Below Theaters & Lounge — 288 S. Second St., San Jose. Aug. 23 & 24. Tickets: $35 – $45 www.3Belowtheaters.com or 408-404-7711.
Saturday, August 24
- Kiddie Academy of Cupertino Celebrates Storytime LIVE! with Curious George and Pinkalicious: Kiddie Academy — 19875 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino. 10 a.m. Storytime LIVE! is free and open to everyone. Register: www.kastorytime.com
- Classic Car Show: Harris Lass Museum — 1889 Market St., Santa Clara. 1 – 4 p.m. There will be both classic cars and hot rods, most from the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s eras. Admission is free. Hot dogs and ice cold drinks will be available for purchase from a local Boy Scout Troop that will benefit from the proceeds. Upon request, visitors will be given a complimentary docent-escorted tour of the Harris Lass Museum. For more information go to www.harrislass.org and click on the ‘Classic Car Show’ tab. Queries may be left on the Museum’s message line at 408-249-7905.
- Insuring the Uninmaginable with Assemblymember Kansen Chu: 3000 Mission College Blvd., Santa Clara. 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Free informational seminar on consumer protection. RSVP at: https://bit.ly/2Yx7HQv
- Sunnyvale Town Hall with Rep. Ro Khanna: Peterson Middle School Multipurpose Room — 1380 Rosalia Ave., Sunnyvale. 3:30 – 5 p.m. Contact the CA-17 District Office at 408-436-2720 with questions. Open to attendees on a first-come, first-served basis. RSVP: https://khanna.house.gov/about/events/sunnyvale-town-hall-peterson-middle-school
- Silicon Valley Pride: Plaza de Cesar Chavez Park — 1 Paseo De San Antonio, San Jose. Aug. 24 – 25. https://www.svpride.com/
- Italian Family Festa: History Park San Jose. Aug. 24 & 25. Free event. www.italianfamilyfestasj.org
- The Town of Willow Glen presents Shop for a Cure on the Avenue: Lincoln Avenue in Downtown Willow Glen. Select merchants will offer a percentage of sales to benefit the American Cancer Society. More info: www.RelayForLife.org/GreaterSanJoseCA.
- Jazz & Beyond with East Side Funk: Historic Murphy Ave., Sunnyvale. 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. sunnyvaledowntown.com
Sunday, August 25
- Doga (Dog Yoga): St. James Park, San Jose. 9 – 11 a.m. Free event however space is limited — reserve your free tickets now online: https://bookeo.com/svpetproject?type=41570RAFFW416A4B49154C.
Monday, August 26
- Sunnyvale Planning Commission Meeting: Sunnyvale Council Chambers. 6 p.m.
Tuesday, August 27
- Sunnyvale City Council Meeting: Sunnyvale Council Chambers. 6 p.m.
Wednesday, August 28
- Thermometer Exchange: Sunnyvale Senior Center, Sequoia Room — 550 E. Remington Dr., Sunnyvale. 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Aug. 28 & Sept. 18. The first 100 individuals who bring in their mercury thermometers will receive a free, digital fever thermometer in exchange (limited to 1 per household). To avoid breakage and contamination, mercury fever thermometers must be contained in an unbreakable, closed container.
- Family Harvest – Food Giveaway Program: Columbia Neighborhood Center — 785 Morse Ave., Sunnyvale. 3 – 4 p.m. A food distribution program for families that meet the income requirements and have at least one child under 26 years old living at home. Registration is required: 408-730-7800. 4th Wednesday of each month with exceptions.
- Plant Pigment Fine Art for Kids: Everett N. “Eddie” Souza Community Garden — 2380 Monroe St., Santa Clara. 5 – 6:30 p.m.
- Summer Music Series featuring The Hitmen: Plaza del Sol, Sunnyvale. 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. sunnyvaledowntown.com
- Santa Clara Planning Commission Meeting: Santa Clara Council Chambers. 6 p.m.
- Thursday, August 29 – Sunnyvale Technology Business Expo: Murphy Avenue, Sunnyvale. 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Free event. For additional information, contact Maria Rodriguez at 408-730-7702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 29 – September 15 – Hillbarn Theatre Presents Anything Goes: Hillbarn Theatre — 1285 East Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City. Tickets $37 – $60 www.hillbarntheatre.org or call 650-349-6411 ext. 2.
- September 6 – November 2 – Winchester Mystery House Presents Unhinged: 525 S. Winchester Blvd., San Jose. Tickets: $44 – $54 winchesterunhinged.com
- Saturday, September 7 – Annual Yard Sale: Harris Lass Museum — 1889 Market St., Santa Clara. 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. Museum members will be selling their antiques for a bargain. For more information, visit www.harrislass.org and click on the ‘Annual Yard Sale’ tab. You may also leave a query on the Museum’s message line at 408-249-7905.
- September 7 – 8 – Mountain View Chamber of Commerce presents 48th Mountain View Art & Wine Festival: Castro Street, Mountain View. Saturday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Free Admission. http://mountainview.miramarevents.com/
- September 13 – 14 – Guggenheim Entertainment presents One Woman Sex and The City A Parody of Love, Friendship & Shoes: 3Below Theaters & Lounge — 288 S. Second St., San Jose. Validated parking in the garage directly above the venue. Tickets: $35 – $45 www.3Belowtheaters.com or 408-404-7711
- Saturday, September 14 – State of the City: Murphy Avenue, Sunnyvale. 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- September 14 – 15 – Santa Clara Art & Wine Festival: Central Park, Santa Clara. http://santaclaraca.gov/visitors/art-wine-festival-3746
- September 14 – 29 – Palo Alto Players presents new American musical Bright Star: Lucie Stern Theater — 1305 Middlefield Rd., Palo Alto. Tickets: $34 – $49 paplayers.org or call 650-329-0891.
- Sunday, September 15 – PAL Classic Car Show: Murphy Avenue, Sunnyvale. 7 – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 18 – Chanticleer presents Trade Winds: Mission Santa Clara — 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara. 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Tickets: $10 – $62 https://www.cityboxoffice.com/ordertickets.asp?p=11064
- Wednesday, September 18 – Cirque Mei: Oshman Family JCC, Schultz Cultural Arts Hall — 3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto. 7:30 p.m. Tickets in advance: $30 – $45. Tickets at the door: $35 – $55. More information: www.paloaltojcc.org/cirquemei or call (650) 223-8649.
- Friday, September 20 – Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley Paint the Town: RTSV Office — 1701 S. 7th St, #10 San Jose. 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Proceeds go to providing home repairs for neighbors in need. Tickets: $100. Adults only, casual attire. https://rebuildingtogethersv.org/support-us/paint-the-town/
- Santa Clara Parade of Champions: Downtown Santa Clara. www.scparadeofchampions.org
- September 28 & 29 – Los Lupeños de San José GALA Concerts: Mexican Heritage Plaza Theater — 1700 Alum Rock Ave., San Jose. Tickets: $25 – $100 https://gala.brownpapertickets.com/
- October 2 – November 3 – The Stage Presents The Rocky Horror Show: San Jose Stage Company — 490 South 1st St., San Jose. Tickets: $22 – $60 www.thestage.org
- October 3 – 6 – Hammer Theatre Center presents the National Theatre Live screening of Hamlet, starring Benedict Cumberbatch: Hammer Theatre Center — 101 Paseo De San Antonio, San Jose. Tickets: $13 – $20 www.hammertheatre.com or call (408) 924-8501.
- Friday, October 11 – Hammer Theatre Center presents Joshua Radin and The Weepies on their Sirius XM Coffee House Tour: Hammer Theatre Center — 101 Paseo De San Antonio, San Jose. 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $25 – $35 www.hammertheatre.com or call (408) 924-8501.
- Monday, October 14 – Sunnyvale Rotary Golf Tournament: Spring Valley Golf Course — 3441 Calaveras Rd., Milpitas. 10:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. They are looking for golfers and sponsors. If you get a hole in one you could win a Toyota car or truck thanks to Sunnyvale Toyota. Registration fee: $150 per person is until Sept. 25, then increase to $200 per person. Golfer registration inquiries may contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact email@example.com about sponsorship opportunities. Money raised benefits Sunnyvale Community Services, Sunnyvale Homeless Shelters, and the literacy programs at Sunnyvale School District schools. For more information visit sunnyvalerotary.org.
- October 25 – November 16 – The Santa Clara Players Present The Odd Couple (Female Version) Tickets: TBD santaclaraplayers.org
Looking for more events? Check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pg/thesvvoice/events/