Weekly Events Calendar
Thursday, November 9
- Artist Talk: Ana Teresa Fernández: SCU’s de Saisset Museum. 7-8:30 p.m.
Friday, November 10
- Santa Clara Players’ Agatha Crusty and the Health Spa Murders: Triton Museum of Art. Tickets: $18. See www.scplayers.org for dates and times.
Saturday, November 11
- Veterans Day Program: Santa Clara Veterans Memorial—Central Park 900 Kiely Blvd., Santa Clara 3 p.m.
- Birgitte Rasine debuts The Jaguar and the Cacao Tree: Books Inc. Santa Clara—2712 Augustine Drive #120, Santa Clara. 2 p.m. Free Event. Recommended ages 8+. In conjunction with the event, Lula’s Chocolates will be doing a free chocolate tasting. Birgitte will be available after the talk to sign books; free gift wrapping of book-and-chocolate bundles will also be available. www.booksinc.net/event/birgitte-rasine-books-inc-santa-clara
- Mission City Community Fund presents Saturday Night Disco: Santa Clara Convention Center—Mission City Ballroom. 5:30 p.m. Tickets: $125. www.missioncityfund.org/charity_auction.html
- SCU Orchestra Opening Night: SCU Mission Church. 7:30 p.m. General Admission: $10-$20.
Book signing with Eric O’Grey, author of “Walking with Peety”: Humane Society Silicon Valley Animal Community Center—901 Ames Ave., Milpitas, CA. Facebook Event Link: www.facebook.com/events/364389557349586/ Eric’s talk will be live streamed on Humane Society Silicon Valley’s Facebook page.
Sunday, November 12
- The Jan Leiberman Concert Series Featuring Joshua Hollister: Central Park Library. 3-4:30 p.m.
Monday, November 13
- Civil Service Commission Meeting: City Council Chambers. 7-9 p.m.
Tuesday, November 14
- Stadium Authority Meeting: City Hall Council Chambers. 7 p.m.
Wednesday, November 15
- SCU Presents: Music @ Noon: Student Recital: SCU Music Recital Hall. 12 p.m.
- Marketing Committee Meeting: Central Park Library—Margie Edinger Room. 4-6 p.m.
- Downtown Revitalization Committee Meeting: City Hall Council Chambers. 6:30-8:30 p.m.