The following is a list of events happening in Santa Clara and throughout the Silicon Valley. Want to share an event to be featured? Please email the details to email@example.com
Thursday, July 25
- Senior Center BBQ: Santa Clara Senior Center — 1303 Fremont St., Santa Clara. 12 – 1 p.m. Tickets: $6 at the snack bar.
- Theatreworks Silicon Valley Launches 50th Season with a Whimsical Parable – The Language Archive: Lucie Stern Theatre — 1305 Middlefield Rd., Palo Alto. July 10 – Aug. 4. Tickets: $30 – $100 theatreworks.org or (650) 463-1960
- Lunch at the Library: Mission Branch Library — 1098 Lexington St., Santa Clara. Mission Branch Library will offer free healthy lunches for children and teens 18 and under in partnership with the Santa Clara Unified School District, through the USDA Summer Food Service Program. There is no sign-up, application, income verification or identification needed. Lunch will be served every weekday from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., June 10 – August 2. Meals are served to all children on a first come, first served basis.
Friday, July 26
- Dancin’ Downtown Summer Salsa Events Fridays: Plaza del Sol — 200 W. Evelyn Ave., Sunnyvale. Lessons: 6 – 7 p.m. From 7 to 8:30 p.m., the floor will open to all with music from a DJ. Free event. For more information, call 408-730-7800.
- Concerts in the Park featuring Take 2: Santa Clara Central Park Pavilion. 6:30 – 8 p.m. santaclaraca.gov/CulturalCommission
- The Santa Clara Players present The Golden Years: Triton Museum, Players Theatre — 1750 Don Ave., Santa Clara. July 26 – Aug. 4. Tickets: $10 santaclaraplayers.org or 408-248-7993
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee: Bus Barn Theater — 97 Hillview Ave, Los Altos. 12 performances, July 19 – Aug. 4. Tickets: $15 – $20 losaltosstage.org or 650-941-0551.
Saturday, July 27
- Storytime with Supervisor Ellenberg: Santa Clara City Library. 10:30 – 11 a.m.
- Space Camp Summer Reading Event: Sunnyvale Public Library. 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. For more information, contact the Library reference desk at 408-730-7300.
- Feather Drawing Workshop and Wine Tasting: Abbot’s Passage Supply Co. — 27 East Napa St., Sonoma. 11:30 a.m. Tickets: $65 (space limited to 10) Rsvp: https://www.abbotspassage.com/visit/#events or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bay Area Children’s Theatre presents Llama Llama Red Pajama: Sunnyvale Theatre — 550 E. Remington Dr., Sunnyvale July 27 – Aug 4. Ages 3 and up. bactheatre.org/shows/LlamaLlama
- Jazz & Beyond with Evan Thomas: Historic Murphy Ave., Sunnyvale. 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Every Saturday July 6 – Aug. 24. sunnyvaledowntown.com
- The Taste of Orleans Festival: California’s Great America, Santa Clara. Weekends July 13 – 28. This event is free with park admission. https://www.cagreatamerica.com/play/events/taste-of-orleans
- San Francisco Shakespeare Festival presents Free Shakespeare in the Park 2019 – As You Like It: Memorial Park — Stevens Creek Blvd & Mary Ave. Cupertino. July 20 – Aug. 4, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 7 p.m. Free event.
Sunday, July 28
- Mega Book Fair: Westfield Valley Fair — between the Lego Store and the Disney Store. 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Monday, July 29
- Family Emergency Preparedness Day with Assemblymember Kansen Chu: Berryessa Community Center — 3050 Berryessa Rd., San Jose. 6 – 8 p.m.
- Free Zumba: San Miguel Elementary — 777 San Miguel Ave, Sunnyvale. 6:30 – 8 p.m. Offered for free through the San Miguel PTA.
Tuesday, July 30
- Storytime with the San Jose Giants: Central Park Library. 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- The Summer Music Series featuring Lumberyard: Santana Row — Park Valencia. 6 – 8 p.m. Free live music.
- Sunnyvale City Council Meeting: Sunnyvale City Hall Council Chambers. 6 p.m.
- Community Meeting for 2330 Monroe Street – Affordable Housing Project: City Hall East Wing Cafeteria — 1500 Warburton Ave., Santa Clara. 6 p.m.
Wednesday, July 31
- Summer Music Series featuring Daze on the Green: Historic Murphy Ave., Sunnyvale. 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Every Wednesday through Aug. 28. sunnyvaledowntown.com
- Special Joint Meeting of the Sunnyvale City Council and the Citizen’s Advisory Committee: Sunnyvale Office Complex, Suite 315 Computer Training Center — 505 W. Olive Ave., Sunnyvale. 6 p.m. Topic: District Elections and the California Voting Rights Act: “Building a new Sunnyvale Election System: Map-making Training and Technical Assistance Meeting”
Looking for more events? Check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pg/thesvvoice/events/