The following is a list of events happening in Santa Clara and throughout the Silicon Valley. Want to share an event to be featured? Please email the details to email@example.com
Thursday, July 18
- Meet K9 and Public Safety Officer: Sunnyvale Public Library, Program Room — 665 W. Olive Ave., Sunnyvale. 2 p.m. See a demonstration of the remarkable teamwork between Public Safety Officer Whitaker and K9 Kodiak. Tickets are not required. Kids ages 6 an up are invited. For more information, contact the library at 408-730-7300.
- Peninsula Youth Theatre Presents “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels”: Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts — 500 Castro St., Mountain View. July 18 – 21. Tickets: $20 – $24 http://pytnet.org/boxoffice/dirty- rotten-scoundrels/#tickets or 650-903-6000.
- Theatreworks Silicon Valley Launches 50th Season with a Whimsical Parable – The Language Archive: Lucie Stern Theatre — 1305 Middlefield Rd., Palo Alto. July 10 – Aug. 4. Tickets: $30 – $100 theatreworks.org or (650) 463-1960
- Lunch at the Library: Mission Branch Library — 1098 Lexington St., Santa Clara. Mission Branch Library will offer free healthy lunches for children and teens 18 and under in partnership with the Santa Clara Unified School District, through the USDA Summer Food Service Program. There is no sign-up, application, income verification or identification needed. Lunch will be served every weekday from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., June 10 – August 2. Meals are served to all children on a first come, first served basis.
Friday, July 19
- Dancin’ Downtown Summer Salsa Events Fridays: Plaza del Sol — 200 W. Evelyn Ave., Sunnyvale. Lessons: 6 – 7 p.m. From 7 to 8:30 p.m., the floor will open to all with music from a DJ. Free event. Every Friday through July 26. For more information, call 408-730-7800.
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee: Bus Barn Theater — 97 Hillview Ave, Los Altos. 12 performances, July 19 – Aug. 4. Tickets: $15 – $20 losaltosstage.org or 650-941-0551.
- San José Musical Theater presents Man of La Mancha: Evergreen Valley College Theater — 3095 Yerba Buena Rd., San Jose. July 12 – 21. Tickets: $20 – $39 https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3573720
- Disenchanted!: 3Below Theaters & Lounge — 288 South 2nd St., San Jose. June 20 – July 21. Tickets: $36 – $54 3Belowtheaters.com or 408-404-7711
Saturday, July 20
- Household Hazardous Waste Event: Location provided with appointment. 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Make an appointment here: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/rwr/hhw/Pages/hhw.aspx
- Pedestrian Master Plan Pop-Up Event – Draft Project Recommendations: Northside Branch Library — 695 Moreland Way, Santa Clara. 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. The community can also email comments to the City Project Manager, Carol Shariat, at CShariat@SantaClaraCA.gov.
- The Taste of Orleans Festival: California’s Great America, Santa Clara. Weekends July 13 – 28. This event is free with park admission. https://www.cagreatamerica.com/play/events/taste-of-orleans
- Jazz & Beyond with Andre Thierry: Historic Murphy Ave., Sunnyvale. 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Every Saturday July 6 – Aug. 24. sunnyvaledowntown.com
- San Francisco Shakespeare Festival presents Free Shakespeare in the Park 2019 – As You Like It: Memorial Park — Stevens Creek Blvd & Mary Ave. Cupertino. July 20-Aug. 4, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 7 p.m. Free event.
Sunday, July 21
- Concerts in the Park featuring Genevieve Goings: Santa Clara Central Park. 2:30 – 4 p.m. gov/CulturalCommission
Monday, July 22
- Sunnyvale Planning Commission Meeting: City Hall — Council Chambers 456 W. Olive Ave., Sunnyvale. 7 p.m.
Tuesday, July 23
- The Summer Music Series featuring The Long Train Runnin’: Santana Row — Park Valencia. 6 – 8 p.m. Free live music.
Wednesday, July 24
- Summer Music Series featuring Tortilla Soup: Historic Murphy Ave., Sunnyvale. 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Every Wednesday through Aug. 28. sunnyvaledowntown.com
Looking for more events? Check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pg/thesvvoice/events/