The following is a list of events happening in Santa Clara and throughout the Silicon Valley. Want to share an event to be featured? Please email the details to email@example.com
Thursday, July 11
- Summer StoryWalk: Lakewood Park — 834 Lakechime Dr., Sunnyvale. 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Discover the pages of Joy in Mudville by Bob Raczka. For more information, call 408-730-7800.
- Endless Summer Wine Stroll to benefit The Bill Wilson Center: Santana Row. 6 – 9 p.m. Tickets: $40 and include wine tastings, discounts and light bites www.santanarow.com/events/endless-summer-wine-stroll
- Theatreworks Silicon Valley Launches 50th Season with a Whimsical Parable – The Language Archive: Lucie Stern Theatre — 1305 Middlefield Rd., Palo Alto. July 10 – August 4. Tickets: $30 – $100 theatreworks.org or (650) 463-1960
- Lunch at the Library: Mission Branch Library — 1098 Lexington St., Santa Clara. Mission Branch Library will offer free healthy lunches for children and teens 18 and under in partnership with the Santa Clara Unified School District, through the USDA Summer Food Service Program. There is no sign-up, application, income verification or identification needed. Lunch will be served every weekday from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., June 10 – August 2. Meals are served to all children on a first come, first served basis.
Friday, July 12
- The Story of Our Lady of Peace Church & Shrine: Our Lady of Peace Church and Shrine — 2800 Mission College Blvd., Santa Clara. 6 – 9 p.m. For more information, call (408) 988-4585.
- Dancin’ Downtown Summer Salsa Events Fridays: Plaza del Sol — 200 W. Evelyn Ave., Sunnyvale. Lessons: 6 – 7 p.m. From 7 to 8:30 p.m., the floor will open to all with music from a DJ. Free event. For more information, call 408-730-7800.
- Concerts in the Park featuring Orquesta Latin Heat: Santa Clara Central Park. 6:30 – 8 p.m. http://santaclaraca.gov/CulturalCommission
- San José Musical Theater presents Man of La Mancha: Evergreen Valley College Theater — 3095 Yerba Buena Rd., San Jose. July 12 – 21. Tickets: $20 – $39 https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3573720
- Disenchanted!: 3Below Theaters & Lounge — 288 South 2nd St., San Jose. June 20 – July 21. Tickets: $36 – $54 3Belowtheaters.com or 408-404-7711
Saturday, July 13
- The Taste of Orleans Festival: California’s Great America, Santa Clara. Weekends July 13 – 28. This event is free with park admission. https://www.cagreatamerica.com/play/events/taste-of-orleans
- Document Shredding Event: SMaRT Station — 301 Carl Rd., Sunnyvale. 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Document Shredding events are a free service limited to the residents of Sunnyvale, Mountain View and Palo Alto. Proof of residency is required. More info.
- Jazz & Beyond with Kaye Bohler: Historic Murphy Ave., Sunnyvale. 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Every Saturday, July 6 – August 24. sunnyvaledowntown.com
- Sounds of Kathak Presents Invoking the Goddess Within: Sunnyvale Community Center. 6 – 8 p.m. More info.
Sunday, July 14
- Doga (Dog + Yoga) Class: St. James Park, San Jose. 9 – 11 a.m. Free event. Reserve your free tickets: https://bookeo.com/svpetproject?type=41570RAFFW416A4B49154C.
Monday, July 15
- Sustainability Commission and CAP 2.0 Advisory Committee Meeting: Community Center Community Room — 550 E. Remington Dr., Sunnyvale. 5:30 p.m. (Playbook agenda item begins at 7 p.m.)
- Hands on Fire World Music: Central Park Pavilion, Santa Clara. 7 – 8 p.m.
Tuesday, July 16
- 5th Annual Technology Showcase: Mountain View Civic Center Plaza – 500 Castro Street, Mountain View. For information: www.chambermv.org/technology-showcase
- The Summer Music Series featuring The Mundaze: Santana Row — Park Valencia. 6 – 8 p.m. Free live music.
- Santa Clara Council and Authorities Concurrent Meeting: Santa Clara City Hall. 7 p.m.
Wednesday, July 17
- Summer Music Series featuring Touch of Class: Historic Murphy Ave., Sunnyvale. 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Every Wednesday through August 28. sunnyvaledowntown.com
Looking for more events? Check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pg/thesvvoice/events/