The following is a list of events happening in Santa Clara and throughout the Silicon Valley. Want to share an event to be featured? Please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Thursday, January 23
- Silicon Valley Seeds: Central Park Library, Santa Clara. 3 – 5 p.m. More info.
Friday, January 24
- Carl Schultz, Faculty Recital: Santa Clara University’s Music Recital Hall. 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $12 – $22 at http://scupresents.org/
- Department of Music, Stanford University presents One Touch of Venus: Dinkelspiel Auditorium — 471 Lagunita Dr., Stanford. Jan. 24 – 25 Tickets: $18 – $28 at https://sto.stanfordtickets.org/dom19-20/one-touch-of-venus-friday-evening.
- Symphony Silicon Valley presents The Red Violin (Film with Full Score, Live On Stage): The California Theatre — 345 South First St., San Jose. Jan. 24 – 26. Tickets: $50 – $98a t 408-286-2600 or www.symphonysiliconvalley.org
Saturday, January 25
- Mission Early College High School Open House: Mission College — Gillmor Building, lecture hall GC-103. 10 a.m.
- Carnatic Music Concert: Sunnyvale Public Library. 4 – 5 p.m. Enjoy the sounds of India with a live Carnatic musical performance. An ensemble of local Sunnyvale musicians will be playing traditional South Indian music. All ages welcome.
- Espressivo: Mountain View Center for Performing Arts. 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $13 – 53 at mvcpa.com.
Sunday, January 26
- Saratoga Symphony Concert: McAfee Center — 20300 Herriman Ave., Saratoga. 3 p.m. Free concert, with donations appreciated. www.saratogasymphony.com
Monday, January 27
- Sunnyvale Planning Commission Meeting: Sunnyvale City Hall. 6 p.m.
- The Oshman Family JCC presents ‘Life Will Smile’ Movie Screening: Albert and Janet Schultz Cultural Arts Hall (Bldg F) — 3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto. 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Tickets: $10 at https://www.paloaltojcc.org/smile.
Tuesday, January 28
- Santa Clara City Council Meeting: Santa Clara City Hall. 4 p.m.
- Yoga with Malay Hendricks of Live Lotus: Central Park Library, Santa Clara. 4 – 5 p.m. Due to the limitations on space, this event is first come first served. Open to all ages and all skill levels. Dress comfortably and bring a yoga mat (or beach towel), a bottle of water and a towel for your session.
- NIROP Public Meeting: Sunnyvale Public Library. 6:30 – 8 p.m. The Navy invites you to this public meeting to discuss the proposed plan for cleanups at the Naval Industrial Reserve Ordnance Plant (NIROP) in Sunnyvale. Learn the background of the NIROP site, potential concerns and the cleanup process.
Wednesday, January 29
- Music @ Noon with Flamenco: Santa Clara University’s Music Recital Hall. 12 p.m. More info.
- Santa Clara Planning Commission Meeting: Santa Clara City Hall. 6 p.m.
- January 16 – February 9 – Pear Theatre presents Taking Steps: Pear Theatre — 1110 La Avenida St., Mountain View. Jan. 16 – Feb. 9. Tickets: $35 at www.thepear.org or (650) 254-1148.
- January 15 – February 16 – TheatreWorks Silicon Valley presents The Pianist of Willesden Lane: Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts. Jan. 15 – Feb. 16. Adult ticket: $45 – $95 at mvcpa.com.
- January 10 – June 13 – Stephanie Metz – InTouch: The de Saisset Museum, Santa Clara University. Showing Jan. 10 – June 13.
- November 16 – January 26 – Judy Shintani Art Exhibit: Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara. Through January 26 every day except Mondays and holidays.
- November 1 – January 24 – Ken Gonzales-Day: Edward M. Dowd Art and Art History Building, Santa Clara University. The exhibit runs Nov. 1 – Jan. 24 with interruptions.
- October 4 – June 13 – Making an Impression – Printmaking Possibilities: Santa Clara University’s de Saisset Museum. Oct. 4 – June 13 with interruptions.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 11:30 a.m. – Mission Bistro Open for Lunch: Freeberg Hospitality Management Building, Mission College. A student-run Mission Bistro. Open every Tuesday and Thursday during the semester for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 7 – 8 p.m. – Racist Anonymous: St. Mark’s Episcopal Church — 1957 Pruneridge Ave., Santa Clara. RA holds weekly meetings to better understand how to confront discrimination on anything based upon outward appearance including race, gender, LGBTQ and disability among others. RA is a 12-Step program patterned after AA.
- Every second Sunday of the month – Second Sundays at Everett N. “Eddie” Souza Community Garden: 2380 Monroe St., Santa Clara. From 2 – 3 p.m., gardeners meet to share their harvests, seeds and culinary creations.
- Thursday, January 30 – Santa Clara Unified School District School Board Meeting: District Offices, Santa Clara. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 31 – Santa Clara Coffee with a Cop: Starbucks at Monticello Center — 3555 Monroe St., Santa Clara. 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday, February 2 – San Jose 408k ‘Race to The Row’: Santana Row, San Jose. 8 a.m. Click here to register. santanarow.com/events/408k-race-to-the-row.
- February 5 – March 15 – San Jose Stage Company presents Chicago: 490 South 1st St., San Jose. Feb. 5 – March 15. Tickets: TBD at https://www.thestage.org/.
- February 6 – 9 – Department of Theatre & Dance presents Images 2020: Santa Clara University’s Louis B. Mayer Theatre. Feb. 6 – 9. Tickets: $12 – $22 at http://scupresents.org/
- Friday, February 7 – Opening Reception: Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara. 6 – 8 p.m. Celebrate the openings of new exhibitions. Enjoy light refreshments and a no-host cash only bar. Free and open to the public.
- Saturday, February 8 – Lunar New Year Celebration: Santana Row, San Jose. 1 – 3 p.m. This event is free and open to the public. santanarow.com/events/santana-row-lunar-new-year-celebration.
- Saturday, February 8 – California Stories Community Day: de Saisset Museum, Santa Clara University. 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Designed for guests of all ages, this community day features artmaking projects, tours, presentations, and other hands-on activities.
- February 14 – March 7 – Santa Clara Players present Drinking Habits (Comedy): 1750 Don Ave., Santa Clara. Feb. 14 – March 7. Tickets: $10 – $22 at santaclaraplayers.org.
- February 21 – March 8 – Disney’s Freaky Friday – A New Musical (Sunnyvale Community Players Junior Production): Sunnyvale Community Theatre — 550 E Remington Dr., Sunnyvale. Feb. 21 – March 8. Tickets: $16 – $29 https://sunnyvaleplayers.org/.
Looking for more events? Check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pg/thesvvoice/events/