The following is a list of events happening in Santa Clara and throughout the Silicon Valley. Want to share an event to be featured? Please email the details to email@example.com for consideration.
Thursday, January 16
- Rush Hour Concert with Leslie Hart: Santa Clara University’s Music Recital Hall. 5:30 p.m.
- Downtown Retail 101 Community Workshop: Santa Clara Senior Center. 6 – 8 p.m. This will be the first community workshop in the planning process and will focus on the retail in our downtown area. At this workshop they will talk about how retailers determine if a new store is warranted, how data is collected and analyzed, how real estate is evaluated, and how internal decision processes work. More info.
- Santa Clara Unified School District Regular School Board Meeting: SCUSD Office. 6:30 p.m.
- Community Meeting regarding Laguna Clara Apartments at 3131 Homestead Road: Central Park Library, Santa Clara. 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. The ownership interest of Laguna Clara Apartments would like to invite you to participate in the review of the revised development plan in response to community input and comments. City staff will be present and available. More info.
- Charisma 2020: Fess Parker Studio, Santa Clara University. Jan. 16 – 17. Members of the Charisma group reflect on their lives in an intense exploration of spirituality and the arts that combines art, music, dance and the spoken word. Tickets: $9 at scupresents.org
- Pear Theatre presents Taking Steps: Pear Theatre — 1110 La Avenida St., Mountain View. Jan. 16 – Feb. 9. Tickets: $35 at www.thepear.org or (650) 254-1148.
Friday, January 17
- Peninsula Youth Theatre presents Dragons Love Tacos: Mountain View Center for Performing Arts. Jan. 17 – 18. Tickets: $13 at mvcpa.com.
Saturday, January 18
- Complimentary First Time Home Buyer Seminar: Bank of America — 560 S. Winchester Blvd., San Jose. 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Lunar New Year Celebration: Central Park Library, Santa Clara. 10:30 a.m. All ages welcome. More info.
- Annual Sunnyvale Rotary Crab Feed Fundraiser: 1133 W. Washington Avenue in Sunnyvale. 5 – 7:30 p.m. Menu includes crab, pasta, salad, and bread. Available for purchase are beer, wine, water, and soda, plus a bake sale. Donation per ticket is $65 for adults 13 and over, $30 for children 8-12, free for children 7 and under. $30 is tax deductible. Contact Michelle Lewis for information at 408-921-1200. Make checks payable to Sunnyvale Rotary Foundation.
Sunday, January 19
- California Concerto Festival for Amateur Pianists: West Valley College Theatre, Saratoga. 2 p.m. Tickets: $10 – $20 at www.californiaconcerto.org.
Monday, January 20
- Medicare for All Town Hall: Laborers Union Local 270 — 2195 Fortune Dr., San Jose. 4 – 6 p.m. Join Congressman Ro Khanna and Assemblymember Ash Kalra to discuss Medicare for All. If you have questions or need further information, call (408) 436 – 2720.
Tuesday, January 21
- Anza Expedition – Who They Were and How They Lived: Central Park Library, Santa Clara. 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Judge Paul Bernal will share unexpected facts about the Anza Expedition of 1776, when a small party of soldiers traveled from Tubac, in present day New Mexico, to Monterey in Alta California.
Wednesday, January 22
- Music @ Noon wtith Brandenburgs: Santa Clara University Music Recital Hall. 12 p.m. More info.
- TheatreWorks Silicon Valley presents The Pianist of Willesden Lane: Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts. Jan. 15 – Feb. 16. Adult ticket: $45 – $95 at mvcpa.com.
- Stephanie Metz – InTouch: The de Saisset Museum, Santa Clara University. Showing Jan. 10 – June 13.
- Evil Dead The Musical: San Jose Stage Company — 490 S 1st St, San Jose. Jan. 2 – 18. Tickets: $30 – $35 at http://www.evildeadtickets.com/.
- November 22 – January 20 – Winter Ice Rink: Downtown Sunnyvale. www.citylinesunnyvale.com/icerink/
- November 16 – January 26 – Judy Shintani Art Exhibit: Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara. Through January 26 every day except Mondays and holidays.
- November 1 – January 24 – Ken Gonzales-Day: Edward M. Dowd Art and Art History Building, Santa Clara University. The exhibit runs Nov. 1 – Jan. 24 with interruptions.
- October 4 – June 13 – Making an Impression – Printmaking Possibilities: Santa Clara University’s de Saisset Museum. Oct. 4 – June 13 with interruptions.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 11:30 a.m. – Mission Bistro Open for Lunch: Freeberg Hospitality Management Building, Mission College. A student-run Mission Bistro. Open every Tuesday and Thursday during the semester for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 7 – 8 p.m. – Racist Anonymous: St. Mark’s Episcopal Church — 1957 Pruneridge Ave., Santa Clara. RA holds weekly meetings to better understand how to confront discrimination on anything based upon outward appearance including race, gender, LGBTQ and disability among others. RA is a 12-Step program patterned after AA.
- Every second Sunday of the month – Second Sundays at Everett N. “Eddie” Souza Community Garden: 2380 Monroe St., Santa Clara. From 2 – 3 p.m., gardeners meet to share their harvests, seeds and culinary creations.
- January 24 – 25 – Department of Music, Stanford University presents One Touch of Venus: Dinkelspiel Auditorium — 471 Lagunita Dr., Stanford. Jan. 24 – 25 Tickets: $18 – $28 at https://sto.stanfordtickets.org/dom19-20/one-touch-of-venus-friday-evening.
- Sunday, January 26 – Saratoga Symphony Concert: McAfee Center — 20300 Herriman Ave., Saratoga. 3 p.m. Free concert, with donations appreciated. www.saratogasymphony.com
- Monday, January 27 – The Oshman Family JCC presents ‘Life Will Smile’ Movie Screening: Albert and Janet Schultz Cultural Arts Hall (Bldg F) — 3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto. 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Tickets: $10 at https://www.paloaltojcc.org/smile.
- February 5 – March 15 – San Jose Stage Company presents Chicago: 490 South 1st St., San Jose. Feb. 5 – March 15. Tickets: TBD at https://www.thestage.org/.
- Friday, February 7 – Opening Reception: Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara. 6 – 8 p.m. Celebrate the openings of new exhibitions. Enjoy light refreshments and a no-host cash only bar. Free and open to the public.
- Saturday, February 8 – California Stories Community Day: de Saisset Museum, Santa Clara University. 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Designed for guests of all ages, this community day features artmaking projects, tours, presentations, and other hands-on activities.
- February 14 – March 7 – Santa Clara Players present Drinking Habits (Comedy): 1750 Don Ave., Santa Clara. Feb. 14 – March 7. Tickets: $10 – $22 at santaclaraplayers.org.
- February 21 – March 8 – Disney’s Freaky Friday – A New Musical (Sunnyvale Community Players Junior Production): Sunnyvale Community Theatre — 550 E Remington Dr., Sunnyvale. Feb. 21 – March 8. Tickets: $16 – $29 https://sunnyvaleplayers.org/.
Looking for more events? Check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pg/thesvvoice/events/