The Silicon Valley Leadership Group Foundation and the Santa Clara County Office of Education have teamed up to produce the 9th Annual Lam Research Heart & Soles Run. The event will include a 5K, 10K and Kids Fun Run on Saturday, May 7.
All proceeds will be donated to local youth health and wellness programs provided by the YMCA of Silicon Valley, Boys and Girls Club of Silicon Valley, and Santa Clara County Office of Education. Approximately 1,200 attendees are expected. Registration information is available online.
The following Traffic Advisory is associated with the Heart & Soles Run on Saturday, May 7, from 6 – 11 a.m:
- There will be road closures and irregular traffic patterns along the course. The course includes Franklin St between Alviso St and Lafayette St, Lafayette St between Market St and Harrison St, Harrison St between Lafayette St and El Camino Real, Alviso St between Harrison St and De La Cruz Blvd, Lexington St between Lafayette St and Madison St, Main St around Mission Library, Market St between Lafayette St and The Alameda, The Alameda between Market St and El Camino Real, El Camino Real between The Alameda and Harrison St;
- No vehicle access will be permitted on the course during the race;
- Neighbors in the course footprint are encouraged to park in your garage, driveway, or in a location that is not along the course route;
- Public transportation may be impacted due to road closures;
- Please read the message boards and follow the instructions of police personnel and private security;
- Be observant and monitor your environment. If you notice suspicious objects or observe suspicious behavior, report this information to local law enforcement immediately;
- Contact Public Safety Dispatchers for police, fire or medical emergencies by calling 9-1-1. For non-emergency situations dial 408-615-5580.
Future traffic advisories can be obtained from the Santa Clara Police Department by subscribing to Nixle online.