Regarding the Santa Clara City Council elections, Karen Hardy will effectively serve the needs of District 3.
Karen Hardy’s opponent:
- Advertises no history of public service
- Admittedly still lives in Fremont (and has owned a home there since 1992)
- Has apparently never taught school, and
- Wants to fix math scores in the Santa Clara Unified School District by way of the City Council
Karen Hardy, on the other hand:
- Has lived full-time in Santa Clara for 30 years
- Teaches AP Calculus and Computer Science courses at Wilcox High School
- Started an award-winning robotics team with students at Wilcox HS
- Was awarded Teacher of the Year by the PTSA in 2018, and
- Has been active in various aspects of Santa Clara public service (opposing card rooms in Santa Clara, advocating for historic landmarks and public parks, acting as a Mission City Opera board member, chairing the city planning commission), and other activities for over 22 years.
Karen Hardy really cares about Santa Clara, is committed to the city, and she knows how to get things done!
Steve Colton – SC District 3 resident